Benefits for Bread & Fruit Bread Industries
using Enzymatic Invert Syrup
- Yeast ferments faster in Enzymatic
Invert Syrup and Yeast consumption can be reduced by about 5-10% depending
on the process.
- Rapid crust colour formulation due to good Caramelisation
at 65 Deg C and Maillard reaction between reducing sugars (glucose, fructose)
and proteins present in the flour.
- It imparts richer and more appetizing
appearance because of better caramelisation.
- High Gelatinisation velocity gives
lower baking temperature and faster baking.
- It imparts rich flavour because
of Maillard reaction and Caramelisation due to presence of fructose. Also
enhances flavour profile.
- Reduces staling through moisture
retention because of humectant properties of Invert Sugar.
- Invert Sugar makes dough plastic
and good to mould.
- Texture, grain and crumb become
smoother and softer with addition of Invert Syrup and prolongs freshness.
- Higher osmotic pressure and low water activity of Invert
Sugar Compared to sucrose will improve shelf life.
- Premium brands of bread can be made
by replacing sugar with 1.5 - 3% of Invert Syrup.
- Normal bread can be made by replacing
Sugar with 0.5-1.5% of Invert Syrup.
- Fruit Breads can be made by replacing
10-15% of total sugar with 5-10% of Invert Syrup.
- Fructose enhances starch functionality in food systems.
It lowers the temperature required to gelatinise the starch and ultimately
cause a higher final viscosity.